BLOG WARS X - This Time It's Numeral!
Saturday November 7th 2015
Kindly sponsored by:
I know I say this a lot but I'm still flabbergasted that the event is still going strong in it's 5th year of existence. I really appreciate the support that you guys have given this event. I'm planning to make the tenth Blog War something special. I can't reveal any more details yet (since I haven't decided what I'm going to do!) but suffice to say it will mean more prizes!
After the feedback from Blog Wars 9, I've spent some time reviewing and rewriting the rules pack to make things simpler and hopefully clearer. I've re-ordered the army selection details and trimmed some unnecessary bits. Even if you've read the pack from a previous Blog War you should read this updated pack as there are some important differences.
- The voting is still going (see the polls on the right of the web version of this blog) but it seems that people are in favour of the 0-1 LoW restriction rather than a total ban. Also, people seem reasonably happy to keep allies as they are although that vote is a lot closer.
- In order to avoid confusion I've renamed the "Commander" SC to "Hero". There are too many actual Commanders in 40K (e.g. Pask, Farsight, Dante) but Hero should be pretty unique I think. I may have missed a few instances of it here and there though.
- The missions will remain unchanged from BW9. I was pretty happy with them on the whole. Obviously they aren't perfect but there isn't such a thing. I think there's a good enough mixture to flatter most factions though.
- Round times will remain the same (sorry Dave - get those DA painted!).
- Best Conversions prize will stay and there'll be separate tables. More on this later.
I hope everything makes sense but I encourage you to comment here or on the BWX page if there's anything that isn't clear. I'd also appreciate any rules queries you have sooner, rather than later.
Right then, grab yourself a ticket, get painting and I'll see you at Blog Wars X in November!