Friday, March 18, 2011

Well that was unexpected!

On Wednesday I updated the page for Blog Wars and I've had an amazing response so far! I've added everyone that has either commented or emailed to say they'd like to attend. If I've missed anyone then either comment here or email me.

I've also tried to link everyone's blog and also add them to my blog roll. Again if I've missed anyone or mislinked you let me know. I've got a hell of a lot more things to read every day now!!

With regards to the event itself I'm going to go ahead and email Maelstrom to book SUNDAY 5TH JUNE as the date for the event. I apologise in advance for it being a Sunday as I know this isn't ideal for most people. However, I was keen to avoid it slipping into the Summer holidays as I reckon that would cause more problems. If anyone has issues getting there perhaps we can figure something out between us all so that as many as possible can attend.

On the advice of a few of you I'm going to suggest £15 as the ticket price. As I've said on the page this means that if we get 20 people we'll have a £150 prize pot once food has been paid for. That means prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd along with others such as Best Painted etc. 
I'll announce how you can get tickets once the date is locked in. Until then keep spreading the word and we'll see what happens. Thanks again for the response. I was a little worried about planning this thing because I thought people wouldn't be interested but I'm pleased to say I was wrong! Looks like I'm going to have to get some stuff painted before June.

4 comments:

  1. Alex, Im in....I might even bring a Tau army...

    TheBaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you won't be the only one :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt I will have my Paladins of Steel done by then :(

    IG or Wolves it is then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in with Wolves obviously

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...