Thursday, December 16, 2010

Army List for Warhammer World

As I mentioned in my previous post we're going to Warhammer World next week to have a 6000pt game on one of the nice tables they've got there. Pretty sure we'd not even be able to deploy on my usual 8'x4' table! The aim of the game is just to have a laugh and bring units we wouldn't normally bring just to enjoy the carnage that will no doubt ensue.

I actually found it pretty tricky to cram what I wanted into 3,000 pts but here goes: 

3,000pts of Space Wolves
HQ
Logan Grimnar
Ragnar Blackmane
Njal Stormcaller
Rune Priest (Necklace, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane)

ELITES
Wolf Scouts (Melta bombs, MotW, plasma pistol, power weapon)

TROOPS
3x Wolf Guard (Combi-melta & power fist)
2x 10 Grey Hunters (Meltagun, plasma gun, power fist, standard, MotW)
8 Grey Hunters (Meltagun, power sword, standard, MotW)
Wolf Guard Terminators (Arjac Rockfist, Cyclone & PF, 3x Pair of Wolf Claws)
Land Raider Redeemer (multi-melta)

FAST ATTACK
Land speeder (multi-melta & heavy flamer)

HEAVY SUPPORT
6x Long Fangs (Power weapon, 2x lascannon, 2x missiles, 1x plasma cannon)
Land Raider
Whirlwind

Let's get the obvious out of the way first. Logan goes with Arjac and the terminators in the redeemer. Ragnar goes with the 8 Grey Hunters in the other Land Raider. Njal will either sit with the long fangs or the grey hunters. Rune priest will go with whichever Njal doesn't. Power armour wolf guard go with the grey hunters. We know that we'll be defending the base so there's no need to spend points on transports for the GHs.

Obviously having two land raiders made it very difficult to squeeze stuff in since thats 500 pts gone already. However, Matt is planning on bringing a couple of them too so we're going for the "hey that'll be cool" thing rather than thinking too much about it. I also wanted to make sure that I used all four HQ slots since it's something I've never really done before. I piled in as many SCs as I could but didn't get a fourth one in cos I couldn't spare the points. Other noteable things that I didn't include but wanted to were a dreadnought, another squad of terminators, a drop pod and my vindicator. Doing this list has made me realise just how many points I've got. I can comfortably field a 4500pt list which is pretty scary!

Anyway, the plan is to have Matt's BA charging out to meet the Imperial Guard head on whilst I predominantly sit back and shoot it out. Having infinite range attacks from my psykers has got to be a good thing on a large table but also I like using Murderous Hurricane against IG as it kills quite a few initially and then pretty much prevents them moving unless your opponent is feeling brave. I'll also have to deal with any Grey Knights that teleport in behind us. That's why I've thrown a couple of plasma weapons in here and there. I've perhaps over-equipped some of the squads so I may end up changing this list slightly.

We all like the idea of line after line of Imperial Guard bravely striding forwards toward our lines (and hopefully being gunned down). My only concern is that he'll apparently have at least 15 vehicles in there! We definitely need more fire power than we've got but I'm hoping the land speeder and scouts can come on and cause some havoc nice and early. I'd give the scouts a meltagun but I don't have the time to convert one to carry it. On the subject of things I need to do before then. I need to finish painting my land raider redeemer and the turret from my whirlwind. I need to assemble and paint a long fang with plasma cannon and finally I'd like to at least base my terminators and Logan.

I'm looking forward to it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...