Thursday, May 26, 2016

Double Trouble Army Showcase - Chris Buckle

First off, there are still a few spots left at the event if anyone hasn't got their ticket yet that fancies coming along. Hopefully everyone is getting there with their armies by now. Keep sending in your photos! I bought Total War: Warhammer so you can guess how my army is progressing. I'm in a bit of a quandary about it. I don't think it's fair for me to field unpainted models when I'm expecting three colours from the rest of you but at the same time I'm just not going to get my DE finished and I'd love to bring them. Might not ultimately matter because I may not even be playing but I'm considering swapping out for another army that's either painted already or requires less work. What do you guys think?

Anyway, just one army tonight folks. Chris Buckle has been literally bombarding me with updates for his Imperial Fists so I'd thought I'd give him a full post for it all. Here's his fluff:

This is a representative element of the VII legion's 97th Siege Battalion. Under the command of Consul Maximus Heran.

The 97th Battalion is a dedicated front line shock unit, designed to destroy enemy hard points and create holes and vulnerabilities in the enemies formations that can then be exploited by further supporting armour.

This unit served loyally to Dorn and the Emperor during the great betrayal and earned a reputation for their counter assault abilities, particularly in tearing down the hardened fortifications of the Iron Warriors.

Maximus Heran was promoted through the ranks during the Siege of Terra as subsequent higher ranked officers were killed by the traitors, until by the time of the heresy's end, he reached the rank of Praetor. Although the 97th survived the Heresy relatively unscathed, they lost suffered a 94% casualty rate at the hands of the Iron Warriors in the aftermath during the Iron Cage.

Due to the introduction of the Codex Astartes, the few remaining battalions of the Imperial Fists into the standardised chapters and companies that were prevalent well into the 41st millennium. 

The fate of Heran and the remnants of the 97th Battalion are unknown.

First up some WIP shots:



Here's a few more:


Finally, some shots of the full 750pt army:





Awesome work Chris. I'm insanely jealous of your progress. Wish I could find some drive to paint at the moment. Keep the updates coming folks....

13 comments:

  1. Well *bombardment* was the, uh, intention ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *slow clap. All the slow claps* This really made me chuckle.

      Delete
    2. Can he field three thunderfire cannons? I thought each unit was limited to two?

      Delete
    3. Three Thunderfires is a single unit entry in SM codex, 1-3, but with three you get +1 BS for the unit which is sweet, the pay off is you cannot put it in a Drop Pod...

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work there. I am concerned that so far everyone seems to forces that are just going to steamroll my Tau. Hopefully I will get paired with some of them rather than against! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you think my Orks feel! Two thunderfire cannons will make a mess of my army, never mind two additional Vindicators!

      Delete
    2. That is true! But imagine playing along side this force with your Orks! I'm definitely starting to see the beauty of the random pairings!

      Delete
    3. I'm pretty sure they are a battery of thud guns?

      Delete
    4. Yep thats a Rapier Quad Launcher Battery. Though they are basically pre heresy Thunderfires just without the techmarine and with Shatter Shells.

      Even if they were thunderfires, because they come in squads of up to 3, technically you could have 6, if you wanted to be THAT guy.

      Delete
  3. These look awesome, I'm guessing the bases are brown but I'll pretend they're Red Planet BASE! becuase it's been statistcially proven they're the best types of bases and those that paint them are known to be red hot lovers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they are Red Planet Base. Why would you want to be brown when you can be AWESOME?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...