The first thing I needed to paint were some more kroot. I managed to get a dozen for pretty cheap on eBay and set to work painting them the same colour scheme as my exisiting squad. They're by far the quickest thing to paint and the original squad was one of the first units I painted using washes.
The colour scheme is simple. All of the paints are from the old range though as they needed to match the existing models. There's a basecoat of Gretchin Green on all of the flesh. The metal parts are all Boltgun Metal. The shoulder pads are Scorched Brown. All the straps are painted with Snakebite Leather and then all the other brown parts are painted with Bestial Brown. Finally the hair is painted Chaos Black, tongues are painted Blood Red and the eyes, nails and stiches are painted Ceramite White (only new colour I used). To finish off the entire model is washed with Devlan Mud. Once this dries it draws everything together beautifully. The base is then painted Graveyard Earth before sand is applied.
I'll keep updating my progress as the tournament gets nearer. There isn't a hell of a lot to do but it might still be a struggle!