Monday, November 27, 2017

Hive Fleet Bakunawa Progress Report - Part 1 - Build, build, build!

Just a quick update tonight on my new Tyranid army. So far I've managed to pick up a Tyranid Swarm box, the old Start Collecting box and the new one. That's give me quite a pile of models to assemble:

  • Hive Tyrant
  • Broodlord
  • 3 Warriors
  • 8 Genestealers
  • 40 Termagants
  • 40 Hormagants
  • 20 Gargoyles
  • 5 Ripper Swarms (putting 4 models per base instead of 5)
  • Carnifex 
  • Trygon Prime
I'd like to run a burrowing force with a few Trygon Primes leading some genestealers into the fray. A combination of Behemoth adaptations and adrenal glands should mean that two thirds of the burrowing units make it into combat. To that end I'll probably grab another couple of the new SC box and flog the broodlords as I can't really see a benefit in having more than one. 


So far I've built up the termagants, rippers, trygon prime and broolord. The carnifex is basically done but I'm looking at magnetising it. Have to say I'm tempted just to make it into a standard build though as it's proving a pain to magnetise.

I'm most excited about the trygon prime though as I've wanted one ever since I saw Scott's (on the right obviously) which was not long after the kit was released:


Anyway, as you can see from the picture above, I've got quite a lot of painting ahead of me. Hopefully the paint scheme I've chosen should make for a quick but eye catching effect. I can't decide what I want to paint first but I'm thinking it's best to paint a batch of gaunts then reward myself with a bigger monster to break things up.

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff Alex, sounds like you’ll be building and painting alongside the brotherhood when we get going on our tale in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emperors Children Tyranids?! Lol. Have fun with the endless swarm, I think organics are quite forgiving and a fresh change after a lot of Power Armour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you think painting a monster is a reward! Ha, ha, I haven't even started highlighting my Trygon and I can tell it'll be a nightmare ;)

    Incidentally the extra Broodlords themselves might not be what you want but their Rending Claw arms are perfect for Hive Tyrants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck painting so many gribblies, 50 cultists for NMTBWs nearly broke me 😂

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...