Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Better Know A Blogger featuring... Me!

Despite barely blogging of late, Michael over at St Andrews Wargaming asked me if I'd mind being interviewed for his Better Know A Blogger series. Of course I was more than happy to oblige, especially since Michael has supported Blog Wars and is coming along to Double Trouble. Anyway, you should all head over to his blog and have a look at my "interview" and also the previous articles in the series where other bloggers have answered the same questions. I've enjoyed reading their responses because I rarely get to know much about the other members of this community.

It's ironic really because the whole point of starting Blog Wars was as a means to get to know more people behind the blogs I read. Sadly, in running the events I didn't get much chance to chat. That isn't to say I didn't meet some great people in the 10 events over the 5 years of Blog Wars but there's only a handful that I know much about out of the 100+ people that attended in that time.

The process itself was a great way of reminiscing about some of my hobby past. It's interesting to think about what got me into the hobby and some of the experiences I've had along the way to where I am now. I lament my lack of time to both paint and play at the moment and tournaments are definitely something that have fallen off my schedule at the moment. It seems like whenever I see one advertised I've already got plans for the weekend in question. A great example of this is the GW Battle Brothers event in July. I'm free for it but my usual partner at these things, Matt, isn't. We just can't seem to get it together lately. Perhaps things will improve as our kids get older.

This lack of time has driven me towards playing more board games and quicker games like X-wing (which is awesome - you really should play it). I think I'd be quite content just to work my way through FFG's collection frankly. I have a bit of an apathy to 40K as a whole at the moment. The game is getting more and more complicated to the point where I just don't feel like I know any of the armies any more. There used to be a time when I could tell you pretty much everything about every army but I'm not even close to that point right now. It's as much about me as it is about the game mind you.

Anyway, head on over to Michael's blog and check out those articles. If you're a blogger too then I'd encourage you to contact Michael and be interviewed too. It's great to get to know more about you all.

I'll have to have a reminiscing post at some point soon where I look over some of my photos of old models and flick back through my 2nd edition rulebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...