Thursday, April 16, 2015

New 7th Edition Codex Skitarii Review

Unfortunately I'm currently short on free time to review the new Codex Skitarii book. Suffice to say I'm excited to see GW introduce a "new" race. It opens up lots of exciting possiblities for other releases both within Ad Mech and perhaps even some more new races such as Genestealer Cults etc. The release schedule for GW is certainly crazy at the moment with Eldar coming in just a few days time. It's this relentless pace that has actually made me pause for breath and decide that I don't need to buy anything else for a while. With things changing so rapidly I'd hate to buy a new army only to find a new release a week later makes them pale into insignificance (like Skitarii are probably going to do to Harlequins).

Anyway, if you'd like to read a review of the Skitarii book then I suggest you head over to my good friend Jamie's blog called Codex Imperialis where he's reviewed the book. I'd love to say I'll post my own review at some point but I just don't see that happening any time soon and suffice to say something else will be out by that point. You can check out the first part of Jamie's review here before moving onto the second portion here.

I hope at some point I'll at least find time to digest the new book and decide what to do with it for Blog Wars. For now I'm happy to say the Skitarii Maniple can be your "Core" force and one of the formations can, of course, be your "Additional" force if you like. I'd love to see someone bring them to the tournament but I think that's probably optimistic given how little time you'd have to build and paint everything.

As I said in a previous post, I'm going to need to post about some Blog Wars stuff soon and update some of the stuff on the BW9 page too. Keep an eye out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...